Friday, July 25, 2008

Blog is a dirty word


I've always hated the word "blog." Ever since the first day I heard it in my "Reporting for Online Journalism" class I thought it sounded like a dirty word. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I live my life with my head in the gutter or something. But I always just thought it was a word similar to "glob" (most things that come in a "glob" are disgusting) or "booger." Am I weird?

So, I've decided to join the trendy world of "blogging" (*Jon dry-heaves a little at the mention of the word*) and start my own. But just for your information, this is not a blog. It's a glob. I figure if we're going to use dirty words here, I get to choose the word. And it's glob.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Jon, this is Becky. I'm shocked. After our conversation a TGIFridays about how much you hate blogs I thought it would never happen.

Maginot said...

I loved what you had to say about the word blog, thanks for making me laugh.
--Michelle

Jamie said...

Jon! I just noticed on your facebook that you had a "glob" You can check mine out if you would like...

justinandjamieandersen.blogspot.com

Take care!

DeeAura said...

"Am I weird?"

uh - yes.

Although I did appreciate the *dry-heave* visual.

Thank you. Thank you for that.